CR-X Pro with BL Touch Firmware
|Applicable to CR-X and CR-X Pro||Download|
Creality CR-X PRO 3D Printer with Dual Color, BL Touch Silent Mother Board Meanwell Power Supply and 2kg PLA Filaments 300x300x400MM
- DUAL EXTRUDER & 2-Colors Printing: Dual extruder module and two in one extruder. This awesome printer supports printing in two colors, making the printed model more colorful.
- MEANWELL POWER SUPPLY: CR-X Pro comes with a UL Certified power supply. Meanwell power supply provides much more stable print security.
- EQUIPPED WITH BL TOUCH: ，CR-X PRO 3D Printer equipped with a genuine Antclabs BL Touch Probe for 9-point auto bed-leveling, something that both beginners and expert-level users can certainly rally behind.
- All METAL EXTRUDER AND TOUCH SCREEN: CR-X PRO 3D Printer comes with 4 inch LCD touch screen color display, more easily when you operate the printer. All Metal Extruding units stable in feeding filaments and wear-resisting.
- Upgraded Silent Motherboard: Adopted industrial self-developed motherboard backed by TMC2208 ultra-silent driver.
|Machine Type||CR-X Pro(2019 Upgraded)|
|Nozzle Diameter||Standard 0.4mm, can be in 0.2,0.3mm|
|Max Nozzle Temp.||≤250℃|
|Filament||Works well with 1.75 mm ABS and PLA.|
About Creality CR-X PRO
I bought the Cr-X pro and initially I had a faulty mainboard which caused the motors to not push filament through the nozzle and instead they just went backwards a bit then forwards a bit and so on. I asked the support about it and after a while they told me it must be an issue with the mainboard and sent me a replacement. From then on I was able to print. Now for the actual review, because I am sure that this is mostly an isolated case and you will likely not experience this:
I am giving this printer 5 out of 5 stars because it prints perfectly. You set the distance for the automatic bed leveling once and then you're set to go. I haven't head filament jams once, my models come out perfecly with barely even visible layer lines even at high print speeds. The multi material printing is amazing and I especially had fun printing pla and pva together for some soluable supports. It had no issue with this and once again the prints were perfect. It's a really sturdy machine and it's basically plug and play.
Here are my retraction settings to eliminate stringing and oozing:
Retraction Distance: 6.5mm
Retraction Speed: 25mm/s
I am using Cura as my slicer so if you use something else you might need different setting. I would definitely recommend this printer and I hope you'll have as much fun with it as I'm having.
The auto leveling is such an amazing feature for this absolute behemoth of a printer, and the ability to switch between two colors or a different material is going to make all the difference when i comes to the things I intend to print. Setup took maybe 15 minutes, and after a bit of manual leveling from being wary of claims of auto leveling, the calibration cube I printed came out flawless. You're gonna want some massive desk space, obviously, but I've been waiting for a printer like this for /years/. This printer is so freakin' quiet, I was on a Discord call with friends, and with the printer maybe 2 feet away from my setup, they had no idea it was running.